Tuesday 8 November 2011

Critical Appraisal: Pastiche

With this one I really wanted to try and do all three then choose the better one, but as time wore on, and ticked away I had to make choices. I was intending on going to Leeds, to Harewood House to do my Pastiche on Rodger Fentons image, The Park and Terrance at Harewood House but this wasn't to be my plans changed and I couldn't get up there to do it in time.

Rodger Fenton - The Park and Terrace at Harewood House


I then looked more in depth at other locations similar to that of the above image, and locations that would give the same or as near to what the image is portraying.
I thought of one location that I had shot a wedding at last year and it was similar with regards to the grounds and rolling hills in the distance.

Eastwell Manor House, Ashford Kent

This was my choice of location and I was set on doing this but the more I looked at it the more I wasn't as happy to shoot this as I had wanted to go to the exact location of Fentons image. I should have gone on a test shoot to see what it was like this time of the year.
Instead I looked at Jem Southams image of Seaford Head. Again I was all set for going to the exact location and shooting it once I had the right weather and time of day but again I couldn't do this due to lack of cameras and having other projects so, I went to the next best location on the same coastline I went to Winchelsea Beach, I checked the Tide times and weather but arrived a little early and so that gave me time to suss out how and where I was going to place my camera in relation to Southams image. I downloaded an image to my phone so that I could check, composition, camera angle, Lighting and colour with regards to my image and I had got it as best as I can, unfortunately I was only able to shoot this on 35mm film and not the Medium Format that was mentioned in the brief. I Will however be re shooting at a later stage.



No comments:

Post a Comment