Monday 17 October 2011

Research - Ideas for locations, Harewood House

I have a few ideas that I'm looking into for possible locations. I will either be doing my pastiche on Jem Southam's 'Seaford Head' or Rodger Fentons 'The Terrace and Park at Harewood House'

I have found a place near to where I live that I could do my Pastiche on Rodger Fenton's image, this is a large manor House and has similar grounds to that of Harewood House.


The above image is from Eastwell Manor just out side of Ashford in Kent, I thought of this place as soon as I saw Rodger Fenton's Image, upon further research this isn't like Fenton's image but equally it has many similarities, so this could be a very likely option.

A map from Google Maps showing the journey that I would embark on if I were to drive to the exact location.

I then decided to locate the actual place where the manor house was that Fenton photographed, and it's in Leeds some 200 mile road trip away, this I thought could be another likely possibility as I (all being well) maybe going to Sunderland in the next few weeks and I could drop in on the way through (I will be contacting the place first and explaining in detail my intentions, so that I may get permission to shot in the same or a slightly different spot to Rodger Fenton all those years ago)


The Terrace and Park at Harewood House by Rodger Fenton.

This is the actual House and grounds that Rodger Fenton shot in his image. 




No comments:

Post a Comment