Tuesday 8 November 2011

Evaluation: The Object

Well this was challenging in a technical way, We had most of the shot set up and ready to go within a few hours but after speaking with Jonathan, He suggested a few minor tweaks to my constructed image, to add a little dirt to the coat to dull it down more as the colour was rather bright and therefore gave off a wrong message of what I was trying to communicate, It was too positive and so I obtained some mud and began smearing it over the coat especially the reflective strips as this was a little but know problem that I would have to overcome if i was to have a successful image.

The first stages of my image construction.

After some thought I thought it best to remove the table completely as this wasn't part of my image, it played no part in the story i was trying to communicate. 


As you can see the table has been removed and now I concentrated on how to get the lighting exactly how I wanted it to be. Lit from above Vanitas style then letting the rest fall away into darkness or at least becoming more darker the lower down the image one looks.
This was a hard challenge to do and it took the advice of both Steve and Jonathan to get it looking somewhere how I wanted it to.


From what you can see, this is what we came out with so that the light on the rear or the background of the image is in total darkness, but as i wanted it completely to fall into darkness it was a little more tricky, we managed to get the right hand side but the left was slightly more lit but this wasn't that bad as It helped the image slightly or at least it didn't confuse what was being communicated. I will however and time permitting be re shooting this image as although I am happy with the outcome, I fell that there is room for more improvement. 


The Final Colour Negative Image.
Off to one side So I re shot with the camera adjusted accordingly

The Final Object Image







No comments:

Post a Comment